Seeing A Doctor Without Health Insurance
It is impossible to know how many people would ignore the need to see a doctor because they did not have health insurance. After all, if you do not have money to pay for insurance, then the prospect of paying for a medical appointment might be daunting. But thanks to technology and the advent of telemedicine, that has changed.
Telemedicine Reduces the Cost of Seeing a Doctor Without Insurance
Imagine you can pop your laptop open, sign into your account, and set up an affordable appointment with your doctor from the comfort of your home. Telemedicine allows you to do just this and the prices are competitive precisely because it costs way less to deliver the service.
There is also quite a substantial market for uninsured people who need basic checkups. Consider the following:
· There are about 30 million people in the US that do not have health insurance
· The average cost of health insurance for the average American, is above $3,400 dollars per year
· That is almost $300 per month, which is a substantial cost for many
· This creates a market for telemedicine
· Without the costs of keeping a clinic open, more people can get affordable healthcare on their computer screens
What is the Cost to See a Doctor Without Insurance Through a Telemedicine Provider?
So, how much can it cost you to see a doctor with a telemedicine provider? The price of a single consult can range between $30 to$50 dollars. Think about that. You can get the care that you need withoutpaying high monthly insurance costs.
There are, however, certain advantages that health insurance does give you which you should keep in mind:
· Emergency medical care incase of an accident
· Discounts, reduced prices, or reimbursements on prescription medication
· Depending on your coverage, annual or periodical tests like bloodwork
But if you do not have the money to afford insurance, then you would not have access to those anyway.
Some Might Even Chose an Uninsured Doctor Visit
In some cases, even if you have the money, you might consider that given your age and lifestyle, you would be better off going for the occasional uninsured doctor visit instead of shelling out hundreds of dollars a month. This might be the case if you are:
· A low-risk contract worker
· An entrepreneur
Young people might be attracted to the prospect of remaining uninsured if they know they will have access to a doctor at an affordable price on demand, and they can keep the rest of the money they would otherwise spend.
The Convenience of your “No Insurance Clinic Near Me”
Saving money is one thing. Having a more efficient system that saves you time is the real hidden advantage. Telemedicine is your “no insurance clinic near me.”
Think about it from the point of view of an entrepreneur or a contract worker:
· If you can avoid traffic going to and coming from the doctor, you will have more time in your hands
· You can also visit the doctor without insurance from any place you want if you have an internet connection
No Insurance, No Problem!
All these advantages make it less scary to book your next doctor appointment without insurance. Whether you cannot afford health insurance or you consider that you should be investing the money elsewhere, you now have a solution that suits your needs.
You will not have to give up on anything else:
· Telemedicine guarantees you access to a doctor without a fixed monthly cost or at least with a very low monthly fee
· The doctor that will take care of you is licensed to practice medicine in your state
· You can get prescription for medication from your telemedicine provider
Additionally, telemedicine offers patients technological advances that most other doctors would not have access to, like AI powered diagnostics and more. In fact, the doctors at the clinic down the street are already taking consults over the phone, on Zoom, or on Skype due to the pandemic.
In such an environment, getting a doctor appointment without insurance through a telemedicine provider, makes sense all around.